A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today's Walgreens Trip



For the past month or so, I've been playing the "Drugstore Game." What is the Drugstore Game, you ask? It's a "game" where one takes advantage of the rebate programs offered by major drugstore chains like Walgreens and CVS. When played successfully, a drugstore game shopper can walk away with items that cost pennies to nothing.

I have heard that CVS is a better chain to "play" the game with, as their rules with their Extra Cash Bucks are less stringent than Walgreens with their Register Rewards... but I decided to play the game with Walgreens as it is a bigger and easier store to get to here in Gloucester. And I can walk to it with Anna in her stroller.

Anyways, I am experimenting for at least 6 months to see how much I actually save while playing the drugstore game. At the end of my experiment, I plan on posting exactly what I bought, what my out of pocket expenses totaled up to be, and what I saved.

I had to share today's adventure though, because it was quite exciting. I had $2 in Register Rewards leftover from my last Walgreen's trip, and coupled with coupons, I got the above items for...... 19 cents! Plus $2 Register Rewards for my next trip!

The total for the two boxes of crackers on sale would have been $6! So my out of pocket expenses were $.19 and my total savings with my candy bar filler were $6.50.

No comments: