A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birthday Trip to New Hampshire

I'm officially a quarter of a century old! Turning "25" has been a year where I feel different... in my mind, 25 is closer to 30 than 20, and it sounds much more adult-like than "24" ever did. Maybe it's all in my head.

Anyways, I had a wonderful 25th birthday celebration! On Friday, my actual birthday, Jesse & Anna took me out to eat at my favorite local restaurant, Not Your Average Joe's! This was the first restaurant we ever went to while living here (the day we moved into our studio apartment on campus, we had dinner at NYAJs with Jesse's mom since she had come from Colorado to help us move and our apartment was full of boxes). If you come to visit us sometime in the next few months (before we move), we will have to take you there! I went there for my 24th birthday as well, so I guess it's a tradition now.

On Saturday, we took a day trip up into the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We hadn't been up that way since Easter of last year, so it was nice to get away into the mountains. They certainly aren't as grand as the Rockies, but they are a nice reminder of Colorado and a good change of scenery from the shoreline. There is a highway that cuts through the mountains called the Kancamaugus Highway, which we enjoyed driving on. We saw about 50 motorcycles drive by us in a procession. There were several lookouts as well, and we had a picnic lunch in the mountains. Then, the "Kanc" led us to North Conway, a touristy mountain town with restaurants and outlets! We shopped for a little while, then had dinner and headed home. It was a busy, fun-filled day and was much needed! I find myself getting very antsy if I do not "get away" after a few months in the North Shore. I'm a country girl at heart, and it's nice to see open spaces every so often. Below is a short video of Anna & Jesse enjoying the scenery.

Here's to 25!

1 comment:

Josh and Sharon said...

Congratulations my lady! So glad you have had a good birthday time. And I felt the same way with "25"! :)