A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Friday, August 21, 2009

It's a GIRL!

Jesse took me to my 20 week ultrasound this morning! It was a day we had been looking forward to, as we got to find out whether we were having a baby boy or girl. Well, as the nurse conducting the ultrasound put it, "there's nothing hanging down..." It was determined that Small Fry is a girl! Her name will be Anna Elise Griffin... both are Hebrew names of course, as her daddy is an Old Testament scholar! Anna means "Grace" and Elise is a derivative of Elizabeth meaning "God has made a covenant." So together, our little girl's name means, "God has made a covenant of Grace." What could be better, theologically and etymologically? :)

After my surgery last December, where a large ovarian cyst that was partially cancerous as well as my left ovary had to be removed, Jesse and I feel so incredibly blessed to have a healthy baby on the way... I remember, not too long ago, considering the horrible thought that I might not be able to have children. I'm very thankful for the wonderful surgeon that I had, who removed the cancer and was able to leave as much of my reproductive organs intact. And praise the Lord, Anna continues to check out great and everything looks good!

Now, we just need to get the nursery in order!

1 comment:

Grandma Mary said...

Congratulations! Love her name! Will pray for a continued healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Love,
Mary