A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our New Home

Jesse and I have successfully moved into our new apartment! The only mishap was some spilled bleach on Small Fry's crib mattress. We love having our own place again... it was like Christmas opening up my kitchen appliances and dishes that had been stored for 8 months during our stay with Tudy. We are adjusting to the noises of living within city limits, but Gloucester is a quaint, old seaport with much history and scenery. Our landlords live on the floor below us and are very nice people, both Gordon College Alum. They also have a 6 mos. old son, Amos, whom Small Fry can play with once he/she arrives.




I visited Tudy in her new home last week and she has adjusted well! She was enjoying her new friends and the activities at her assisted living home. I'm glad the transition went smoothly for her as well! When I showed up to visit, the Alzheimer's unit was just leaving for lunch at the Beverly Yacht Club, so the program director welcomed me to jump on the bus with them! I had an unexpected picnic lunch with Tudy and the whole Alzheimer's unit! It was a fun adventure.




One more update from our past couple of weeks... I traveled home to Vestal to be in a good friend's wedding. Tara, my friend since 8th grade, married her high school sweetheart, Nick, on August 7th, 2009. I was privileged to be one of her bridesmaids for her special day. She looked beautiful and it was a blast getting to see some high school friends, as well as getting pampered with a manicure, pedicure, and up-do! They went on a honeymoon to St. Lucia and will be residing in Vestal.




We find out on Friday of this week whether Small Fry is a boy or girl! We can't wait!

1 comment:

Josh and Sharon said...

Love it! And we love you guys!