A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My new love for Sprouts Farmers Markets!


I have recently fallen in love with a new store on my weekly shopping agenda: Sprouts Farmers Markets! Similar to Whole Foods (though I've never shopped there) and/or Trader Joe's, Sprouts has a variety of health foods as well as great deals on produce! There is a local branch in Greeley and I now go there almost every Wednesday... because, as I have learned, Wednesday is double ad day! Which means, I can get last week's deals as well as the current week's deals both on Wednesday. If oranges were $.33/lb last week and $.49/lb this week, I can go on Wednesday and still get the $.33/lb deal, as well as any super deals for this week. Then, I can go next Wednesday and buy the super deals from this week again! It's ingenius and I'm continually amazed at how much produce I walk out of the store with for $5-$10.

Above are my last two shopping trips at Sprouts (sorry they are a bit dark). The top picture includes (6) cartons of blackberries ($.77 each), romaine lettuce ($.88), 3 lbs of oranges ($1 for 3lbs); a green bell pepper ($.49); and cucumber ($.49) for $9.34! For six cartons of blackberries alone at another store, I should have paid close to $20 on average! The bottom picture is today's trip complete with pears ($.88/lb), oranges ($.49/lb), broccoli crowns ($.88/lb), red leaf lettuce ($.88), and a pound of carrots ($.69) for $4.74! I would have bought more blackberries @ $.77 each, but alas, the store was completely wiped clean of them.

No comments: