A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Seven Week Blur!

Well, I have completely neglected my blog these past seven weeks since our little Anna has arrived! It has truly been a whirlwind! Now that Anna is almost two months old already and I've adjusted more to life with a little human, I hope to be more diligent in posting updates!

Here is a brief summary of the past two months in the Griffin household:

- We were blessed with over two weeks of meals brought to us by our church and seminary friends!
- We've received a huge outpouring of gifts from friends and family all over the country! Anna is very loved.
- Grandma and Grandpa Knapp have visited their first grandchild 3x, and they are loving being grandparents!


- Grandma Griffin flew out for 10 days to see Anna, from Feb. 4-14!


- My good friend and maid of honor, Nina, flew out from Virginia to see Anna the weekend of Feb. 12th!


- My cousin, Danielle, traveled up to Gloucester to meet Anna and see her baby dedication!


- Anna and I traveled home to Vestal, NY to see my extended family! She got to meet her great grandparents, her Uncle Tommy, her Aunt Sarah and Tara, and our friends, the Mallorys, drove up from Lancaster, PA!






- Anna was dedicated to the Lord on Valentine's Day, at our church, North Shore Community Baptist Church, by Pastor Gary Westra. It was a special day, and we were so happy to have both Grandmas, Karen and Kathy, with us!


Some of Anna's Accomplishments so far:
- Anna eats great and is in the 75th percentile for weight, at a whopping 12 lbs.! I'm having trouble cleaning out all her rolls! :)
- Anna is sleeping very well, usually waking up 1x during the night.
- She started to smile more during the past two weeks, laughing at her Uncle Tommy the first time they met!
- She is very sweet tempered and brings us so much joy.


I'm ready to have another, but I don't think Jesse has quite reached that point...

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Aww, the picture of Anna and Tommy is so precious! I just love it! Haha, Zack and Jesse must have talked to each other about no more babies for now without us knowing... :)

Josh and Sharon said...

Ahhh...makes me cry. I am so glad she is so sweet. Can't wait to see you guys! I love you all so much!!!