A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Best Ways to Get Married on a Budget

'Wedding' is an expensive word. Search for it on line, and hundreds of retailers are ready and waiting for your click. The Internet has made wedding resources much easier to locate, but you may want to browse without credit card in hand. Most brides-to-be desire a memorable wedding day (and night). This desire should be attainable without emptying one's savings.

I got married in November of this past year, the tenth of November, to be exact. My husband's family has a tradition of tying the knot on the tenth of a month. I decided not to break the tradition and start off in bad terms with the mother-in-law. Unfortunately, the tenth did not fall exactly when I wanted it to, and so, I began the wedding planning process with a November wedding, in New York. I also began to diligently pray for an Indian Summer.

Read more...

No comments: