A cup of family, a splash of theology, and a pinch of frugality. Mix until well incorporated.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Packing.

I can't believe Jesse & I are moving again! It seems like last week that we had arrived at Gordon-Conwell Seminary with our U-haul from Colorado. Jesse's Mom accompanied us, and was such a help (she unpacked all of my clothes)! Now, six months later, we are leaving our little studio and moving ten minutes away to the attic of an elderly lady's home. Not what we expected, but certainly a blessing! God has provided us a home with room and board included, as well as a job for me. A month ago, I was just recovering from unexpected abdominal surgery, recently laid off from a state-funded position, and trusting the Lord for a new job after Christmas. A month before that, I found myself in a state of depression, with no promising job leads and failed attempts to find a job.

The Lord has certainly brought us through a difficult winter. I'm so thankful for my husband, who never left my side when I suddenly found myself in various doctors' offices and hospital rooms. His focused, constant care when I could hardly sit up was not seen by many, but was a testimony of God's love to me and I do not deserve such a love. He is a blessing and another gift of God's grace.

So as January progresses, I find myself smiling at the silver lining. I have survived the pain and slow process of recovery, my health is restored, we have a new home, I have a new job, and spring is coming soon enough. Though winter is still here and the snow is still falling, I know God has not changed. Despite our circumstances, He is always by our side, and He deeply cares for us... another lesson of His Providence.

No comments: